Daylight Transport turns to Boomi to integrate its systems, reducing customer service workload while boosting revenue.
The California-based expedited less-than-truckload carrier (LTL) relies on a virtual network of independent contractors, agents and transportation carriers that move its freight. But the company was experiencing complexity from a patchwork of FTP applications and home-grown scripts.
Boomi’s integration platform coupled with its B2B/EDI functionality means customers get shipment and invoicing information in near-real-time. Plus, Daylight Transport was able to reduce its customer service workload by one full-time employee, as the volume of emails and phone calls has dropped by 40 to 50 percent. And the time savings will continue to increase as Daylight Transport adds more carriers.
In addition, Boomi has helped the company:
- Generate an additional $800 – $1,000 per day in revenue
- Reduce integration deployment from weeks to days, and in many cases to hours or only minutes
- Ensure cash flow by integrating check scanning and accounts receivable
- Improve customer retention
- Minimize business disruption from data or process issues
"With our old system, we couldn’t handle EDI requests in a timely manner, and that left us open to customers taking their business elsewhere. With Boomi, we can quickly implement those requests, cementing the relationships and holding on to those customers."
— John Manzanares, Vice President and CIO, Daylight Transport